Friday, December 16, 2011
1. Prosecco is a perfect party drink...an Italian sparkling white wine, it is light, fizzy and affordable, and comes in beautiful bottles that I fill a big silver punch bowl with
2. White crudite: a platter or low glass cylinder of fennel slices, cauliflower florets, blanched white asparagus, endive leaves, and celery are perfect with an herbed yogurt/sour cream dip
3. Candlelight: soft lighting and lots of white candles create a wonderful ambience
4. Real glasses: I always stock up on inexpensive wine glasses at Ikea that I keep stored for parties...
so much nicer than plastic, and less costly than renting them.
5. I always welcome my guests with a drink and then tell them to make themselves at home and show them the bar where they can help themselves for the next drink
6. White flowers: I love simple big loose arrangements of amaryllis, paperwhites and tulips in glass cylinders or growing in terra cotta pots with moss as they will last the whole holiday season
Photograph by Jeff McNamara from At Home with Wedgwood by Tricia Foley